You updated your shower with a new glass shower door, but there’s just one problem. Now all you can focus on when you look at your shower is the dated showerhead fixture. Not only is it an eyesore, its days of use have left it far less functional than you remember. Don’t just muddle through! Replace that showerhead to complement the rest of your bathroom renovations.
Our favorite showerhead for function is the handheld wand style. These fixtures often come with a traditional wall mount connected to a hose and allow you to hold the showerhead so that you can position the spray. Wand showerheads are most useful when cleaning your shower or washing a smaller child as you can control where the water goes when rinsing hair.
Ceiling Mounted Showerheads
Does your bathroom have lower ceilings? Rainfall or rain shower fixtures are perfect for these bathrooms because you can recess the fixture, thus maximizing the space in your shower. No more battling wall-mounted showerheads that are placed too low! Your tall family members will thank you.
Body Spray Showerheads
For the spa experience, here is a system of showerheads that can be adjusted. These spa showers offer a luxurious experience where panels of fixtures on opposite walls combine for a relaxing massage.
If you’re considering upgrading your showerhead, you may want a professional to check your plumbing. They will be able to make sure your system can handle the extra heads of a multi-head system without sacrificing water pressure or using too much water.
Need help with a shower door or other glass project? Janssen Glass is Kansas City’s go-to company for all of your glass needs. Contact us today to find out more, and make sure to keep up with Janssen’s blog for more helpful tips and tricks on keeping your shower in tiptop shape.
You’ve decided it’s time to install a new glass shower door in your home, but all of the choices are overwhelming! We understand, so here are some quick questions to ask yourself so that you can feel confident with your decision:
- Would a sliding door, door and panel enclosure, or a swinging door work best with the floorplan of your bathroom? Every bathroom is different but it is also important to consider your lifestyle.
- If updating an existing glass door, do you want to update your hardware or eliminate it? You may see the trend of updating finishes and envision an improvement, but be sure to also look through our gallery glass shower doors and take note of those that do not require a metal frame. This also means no more cleaning shower door tracks!
- Do you want a thinner glass with a metal frame or a thicker glass that can stand alone without a metal frame? You should know that edges on frameless doors get darker the thicker the glass gets, and you will notice. Make sure to ask what the edges of the finished product will look like.
- What pattern and color of glass do you prefer? We have 20 options for you whether you are installing a new shower door or replacing an old one. We can sometimes even do multiple textures to give privacy while still showing off your fabulous tile.
- Is your bathroom an unusual configuration? No problem, contact us! We specialize in custom shower doors that will maximize your space and show off the other upgrades you’ve done in your bathroom.
For more information about glass shower doors, call us at (913) 677-5727 or check out our blog.